Sunday, March 16, 2014

Just Like A Woman

The title for my blog comes from a Bob Dylan song, from his album Blonde on Blonde. There's something about it that just resonates with me. I'm more than a little taken with Bob Dylan though, from his traditional folk music in the 60's to his newer albums now. (I was even listening to his Christmas album around the holidays and I never listen to Christmas music!)


She takes just like a woman, yes, she does
She makes love just like a woman, yes, she does
And she aches just like a woman
But she breaks just like a little girl

It's not upbeat, it's actually rather dark. But something about it... I don't know how to explain it. There's a tenderness to it, an unhidden weakness and vulnerability. It's just beautiful and real. If you don't like Dylan that's probably hard to understand but there it is... Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment