Saturday, April 5, 2014

Rise and Fall

I'm up extra early a few days a week for some classes, and if I'm lucky the sky is clear enough for me to see the sun rise. Friday's sunrise was particularly gorgeous, moving from pinks and violets to flaming oranges and golden yellows.

April 4 2014

I'm looking forward to plenty of gorgeous sun rises this summer. I've been lucky enough to land a job as Head Cook at a youth island wilderness canoe camp on Lake Temagami this summer. It doesn't start until June - because the kids don't get out of school until then - so it won't be an all-summer job but I'm not about to complain about a few months off. The job itself is going to be amazing for me, I'm going to learn so much and I just know I'm going to enjoy it. Not to mention being able to work in a wilderness paradise, being able to just go jump in the lake between services, do yoga by the water, and hear no traffic.

April 5 2014

I'll still have internet and cell phone access so I won't be so totally cut off from the world. But I'm really looking forward to the experience. I think it'll do me a lot of good to slow down the pace like that. We'll be a small group of staff on island and I'm really hoping I'll gain a friend or two through this too. I hope you're having a good weekend. Cheers...

No comments:

Post a Comment