Saturday, May 3, 2014

Slow Bloom

Calendar spring may have been weeks ago but it's blooming slowly here in northern Ontario. Grass is only just starting to sprout up while the trees are still bare. I'm figuring in another week or so things will look much more legitimately springlike.
May 3 2014 JMay 3 2014 DMay 3 2014 HMay 3 2014 B
As I was busy taking photos, a doe silently leapt into a nearby clearing. I froze instantly, since deer react to movement. I watched her carefully trace her way across the clearing, delicately stepping through puddles of melted snow. Unfortunately for me I was upwind from her and my scent had her high-tailing it into deeper brush before I could get a good photo.
May 3 2014 CMay 3 2014 GMay 3 2014 EMay 3 2014 A
It's nice being able to finally take photos outside again. Things are still pretty soggy so there's no way I could be out here on a day after rain, but occasional excursions are better than nothing!
 May 3 2014 FMay 3 2014 I
Pretty soon I'll be able to take my summer frocks from storage and have fun with what will feel like new clothing all over again. There's perks to your clothes being stored away for 6 months out of the year! I hope you're having a great weekend. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment